In The Hunt For A Great Beef Tenderloin
Filet Mignon is the most tender cut of steak available but if you don't cook it correctly it can be as tough as your left shoe. The best way to enjoy a good filet is to cook it a perfect medium rare then let it set for 5-10 minutes before serving to keep the juices in.
For extra flavor try using Flavor of Hemingway's Grilling Sauce as a marinade and you can use it as a dipping sauce as well. This pan sear and oven finish cooking technique delivers every time.
- 4 filet mignon steaks approximately 2 ½"- 3" thick
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- 1 cup of Hemingway's Hunt Grilling Sauce
- Pour 1 cup of The Hunt over steaks and marinade for thirty minutes
- Set oven temp to 425 degrees
- Heat iron or heavy skillet at high for 3-5 minutes
- Add olive oil
- Add steaks and sear on both sides for 1-2 minutes
- Place pan with steaks into 425 oven and cook for 9-10 minutes
- Remove from oven and rest for 5-10 minutes on a wooden cutting board tented with foil
- Enjoy with or without dipping sauce and savor your trophy!